By Rory McTurk
- Comprises 29 chapters written by way of major students within the field
- Reflects present debates between previous Norse-Icelandic scholars
- Pays recognition to formerly overlooked components of research, similar to the sagas of Icelandic bishops and the myth sagas
- Looks on the methods previous Norse-Icelandic literature is utilized by glossy writers, artists and movie administrators, either inside of and outdoors Scandinavia
- Sets outdated Norse-Icelandic language and literature in its wider cultural context
Read Online or Download A Companion to Old Norse-Icelandic Literature and Culture (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
This significant survey of previous Norse-Icelandic literature and tradition demonstrates the awesome continuity of Icelandic language and tradition from medieval to fashionable instances. contains 29 chapters written through major students within the box displays present debates between outdated Norse-Icelandic students can pay awareness to formerly overlooked parts of analysis, similar to the sagas of Icelandic bishops and the delusion sagas seems on the methods previous Norse-Icelandic literature is utilized by smooth writers, artists and picture administrators, either inside of and out of doors Scandinavia units previous Norse-Icelandic language and literature in its wider cultural context
First released in 1999. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
This is offered a succinct and insightful account of the reception of the Iliad and Odyssey from antiquity to the mid-twentieth century. the final result's much less a scientific historical past than a chain of self sufficient reviews differing in scale and concentration, the bankruptcy on Gladstone being the main complete and distinct.
A instruction manual to Classical Reception in jap and important Europe is the 1st complete English? ]language research of the reception of classical antiquity in jap and critical Europe. This groundbreaking paintings bargains distinct case experiences of thirteen international locations which are totally contextualized traditionally, in the community, and locally.
- European Literature and the Latin Middle Ages (Bollingen Series (General))
- Dionysus Resurrected: Performances of Euripides' The Bacchae in a Globalizing World (Blackwell-Bristol Lectures on Greece, Rome and the Classical Tradition)
- The Medieval Motion Picture: The Politics of Adaptation (The New Middle Ages)
- Narcissus and the Invention of Personal History: Volume 3 (Routledge Library Editions: Autobiography)
Additional resources for A Companion to Old Norse-Icelandic Literature and Culture (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Old Norse-Icelandic Literature and Culture (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Rory McTurk