By Barbara K. Gold
- Contributors signify a number demonstrated names and more youthful students, all of whom are revered specialists of their fields
- Contains unique, by no means prior to released essays, that are either obtainable to a large viewers and supply a brand new method of the affection elegists and their work
- Includes 33 essays at the Roman elegists Catullus, Tibullus, Propertius, Sulpicia, and Ovid, in addition to their Greek and Roman predecessors and later writers who have been prompted via their work
- Recent years have obvious an explosion of curiosity in Roman elegy from students who've used a number of severe methods to open up new avenues of understanding
Read or Download A Companion to Roman Love Elegy (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
This significant survey of previous Norse-Icelandic literature and tradition demonstrates the notable continuity of Icelandic language and tradition from medieval to fashionable instances. contains 29 chapters written via prime students within the box displays present debates between outdated Norse-Icelandic students can pay consciousness to formerly overlooked parts of analysis, reminiscent of the sagas of Icelandic bishops and the fable sagas appears on the methods previous Norse-Icelandic literature is utilized by smooth writers, artists and picture administrators, either inside and outdoors Scandinavia units outdated Norse-Icelandic language and literature in its wider cultural context
First released in 1999. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Here's offered a succinct and insightful account of the reception of the Iliad and Odyssey from antiquity to the mid-twentieth century. the general result's much less a scientific background than a sequence of autonomous reports differing in scale and concentration, the bankruptcy on Gladstone being the main entire and designated.
A guide to Classical Reception in jap and vital Europe is the 1st entire English? ]language learn of the reception of classical antiquity in jap and relevant Europe. This groundbreaking paintings bargains unique case stories of thirteen nations which are totally contextualized traditionally, in the neighborhood, and domestically.
- Classical Persian Literature
- Juvenal and the Satiric Emotions
- The Protean Ass: The Metamorphoses of Apuleius from Antiquity to the Renaissance (Oxford Classical Monographs)
- Roman Satire (Blackwell Introductions to the Classical World)
- Ambiguität im Mittelalter: Formen zeitgenössischer Reflexion und interdisziplinärer Rezeption (Trends in Medieval Philology) (German Edition)
Extra info for A Companion to Roman Love Elegy (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Roman Love Elegy (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Barbara K. Gold