By Zara Martirosova Torlone,Dana LaCourse Munteanu,Dorota Dutsch
- A guide to Classical Reception in japanese and valuable Europe is the 1st finished English?]language research of the reception of classical antiquity in japanese and principal Europe. This groundbreaking paintings bargains specified case experiences of thirteen international locations which are totally contextualized traditionally, in the community, and regionally.
- The first English-language number of research and scholarship on Greco-Roman history in jap and important Europe
- Written and edited by means of a global crew of professional and up-and-coming students with giant subject-matter adventure and expertise
- Essays from top students within the box offer wide perception into the reception of the classical international inside of particular cultural and geographical areas
- Discusses the reception of many points of Greco-Roman history, corresponding to prose/philosophy, poetry, fabric culture
- Offers extensive and important insights into the complex engagement many nations of japanese and vital Europe have had and proceed to have with Greco-Roman antiquity
Read or Download A Handbook to Classical Reception in Eastern and Central Europe (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
This significant survey of outdated Norse-Icelandic literature and tradition demonstrates the awesome continuity of Icelandic language and tradition from medieval to trendy occasions. contains 29 chapters written by means of top students within the box displays present debates between outdated Norse-Icelandic students can pay cognizance to formerly overlooked parts of analysis, reminiscent of the sagas of Icelandic bishops and the myth sagas seems to be on the methods outdated Norse-Icelandic literature is utilized by glossy writers, artists and movie administrators, either inside of and out of doors Scandinavia units previous Norse-Icelandic language and literature in its wider cultural context
First released in 1999. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
This is awarded a succinct and insightful account of the reception of the Iliad and Odyssey from antiquity to the mid-twentieth century. the final result's much less a scientific background than a sequence of autonomous reports differing in scale and concentration, the bankruptcy on Gladstone being the main entire and designated.
A instruction manual to Classical Reception in jap and vital Europe is the 1st finished English? ]language research of the reception of classical antiquity in jap and important Europe. This groundbreaking paintings bargains exact case reviews of thirteen nations which are absolutely contextualized traditionally, in the community, and locally.
- The Tradition of the Trojan War in Homer and the Epic Cycle
- The Disney Middle Ages: A Fairy-Tale and Fantasy Past (The New Middle Ages)
- The Pilgrimage to Compostela in the Middle Ages: A Book of Essays (Garland Reference Library of the Humanities)
- Dante's Journey to Polyphony (Toronto Italian Studies (Paperback))
- Pagan Virtue in a Christian World: Sigismondo Malatesta and the Italian Renaissance
Additional info for A Handbook to Classical Reception in Eastern and Central Europe (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception)
A Handbook to Classical Reception in Eastern and Central Europe (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception) by Zara Martirosova Torlone,Dana LaCourse Munteanu,Dorota Dutsch