By Mark G. Sobell
The such a lot whole, Easy-to-Follow advisor to Ubuntu Linux
- The number one Ubuntu server resource, absolutely up to date for Ubuntu 10.4 (Lucid Lynx)–the long-term help (LTS) liberate many businesses will depend on for years!
- Updated JumpStarts help you place up Samba, Apache, Mail, FTP, NIS, OpenSSH, DNS, and different advanced servers in minutes
- Hundreds of updated examples, plus finished indexes that convey speedy entry to solutions you could trust
Mark Sobell’s A functional advisor to Ubuntu Linux®, 3rd Edition, is the main thorough and updated connection with fitting, configuring, and dealing with Ubuntu, and in addition bargains accomplished assurance of servers—critical for anyone drawn to unleashing the entire strength of Ubuntu.
This version has been totally up-to-date for Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx), a milestone long-term aid (LTS) liberate, which Canonical will aid on computers until eventually 2013 and on servers till 2015.
Sobell walks you thru each crucial characteristic and process, from fitting Ubuntu to operating with GNOME, Samba, exim4, Apache, DNS, NIS, LDAP, g ufw, firestarter, iptables, even Perl scripting. His really transparent motives demystify every thing from networking to security.
You’ll locate complete chapters on working Ubuntu from the command line and computing device (GUI), administrating structures, developing networks and net servers, and masses extra. totally up-to-date JumpStart sections assist you get advanced servers running—often in as low as 5 minutes.
Sobell attracts on his substantial Linux wisdom to give an explanation for either the “hows” and the “whys” of Ubuntu. He’s taught millions of readers and not forgets what it’s wish to be new to Linux. no matter if you’re a person, administrator, or programmer, you’ll locate every little thing you wish here—now, and for a few years to come.
The world’s so much sensible Ubuntu Linux e-book is now much more useful!
This booklet delivers
- Hundreds of easy-to-use Ubuntu examples
- Important networking insurance, together with DNS, NFS, and Cacti
- Coverage of an important Ubuntu themes corresponding to sudo and the Upstart init daemon
- More targeted, usable assurance of net server configuration, together with Apache (Web) and exim4 (email) servers
- State-of-the-art safeguard thoughts, together with updated firewall setup innovations utilizing gufw and iptables, and a whole bankruptcy on OpenSSH
- A whole creation to Perl scripting for automatic administration
- Deeper insurance of crucial admin tasks–from handling clients to CUPS printing, configuring LANs to construction a kernel
- Complete directions on protecting Ubuntu structures up to date utilizing aptitude, Synaptic, and the software program resources window
- And a lot more...including a 500+ time period glossary
Read or Download A Practical Guide to Ubuntu Linux PDF
Best other books
He has no identify. He has no destiny, except that dedicated to the long term provider of different males. he's a slave and now realises that it’s time for him to fill this emotional void in his lifestyles. He had nearly given up on discovering his grasp, the grasp he may possibly take care of and repair, the grasp who will be conscious of his well being and arouse his private emotional and erotic pleasures by utilizing him bodily and sexually.
Heartbroken and misplaced within the cauldron’s abyss, David suffers below the barrage of his relentless enemy until eventually one past existence touches him and publications him again to the residing. pressured to motion via the revelation of his enemy’s real id, David rallies from the ashes of his decimated global and trips to Israel.
A compendium of shell scripting recipes which can instantly be used, adjusted, and utilized The shell is the first method of speaking with the Unix and Linux platforms, delivering an immediate approach to software by means of automating simple-to-intermediate projects. With this publication, Linux professional Steve Parker stocks a set of shell scripting recipes that may be used as is or simply converted for various environments or events.
Conventional Lead mountain climbing is the 1st and in basic terms guidebook meant to educate rock climbers how one can lead with apparatus. in contrast to different kinds of mountain climbing comparable to recreation and direct-aid hiking, "trad" mountaineering depends on putting your individual equipment as you climb from the floor. it is also one of many extra risky hiking actions, the place professional assistance is a needs to.
- In caso d'amore scappa (Biblioteca umoristica Mondadori) (Italian Edition)
- Winning Craps Money (The one Craps book that will teach you how to Win! 1)
- Arguing with Angels: Enochian Magic and Modern Occulture (SUNY series in Western Esoteric Traditions)
- Cisco Voice Gateways and Gatekeepers (paperback) (Networking Technology)
- The Color of Tears
- High Value Target: Avenging the Death of Osama bin Laden
Additional resources for A Practical Guide to Ubuntu Linux
A Practical Guide to Ubuntu Linux by Mark G. Sobell